Saturday, April 26, 2008

Two nifty mouse related Windows apps : Strokeit and Txmouse

I rarely use Windows these days, but when I do, there are some apps I can't do without. One of them is Strokeit, which allows the user to do mouse gestures for some commands. (which Opera users are lucky to have by default). So, just by moving the mouse at the NorthEast direction while holding the right key, you can perform "maximize" action, without going over to the title bar. Another nice app I discovered today is txmouse. For X11 like windows handling, I had previously tried Tweakui, however it had the annoying feature of auto-raising of the pointed window. Basically txmouse allows you to interact with non-focused windows without clicking inside them. Linux and Mac users already have this possibility (though in OS X, only scrolling is allowed -- point-to-focus is not allowed without 3rd party apps). It also brings the select to copy - middle click to paste functionality.

No comments: